Blog pic

Blog pic

Monday, April 21, 2014

Our new "normal"

So...I was in the shower this past weekend, which is where I do my best deep thinking!  That's right people, don't judge.  It is usually the only time I am alone, other than Eli's nap time which is crammed pack full of getting things done on my to-do list!  So, I was in the shower and I was thinking about the fact that we have been home with Eli for 2 months now.  WHAT?!  Part of me thought, has it been that long?  And, the other part thoughts, 2 months?...only 2 months?...really?!  But, as I was doing some deep thinking about this 2 month milestone, I realized that we are starting to settle into our new normal.  Not only has Eli started a new life here in Georgia, but we have all started a new life with a little 3 year old now becoming a permanent part of our family.  And, no matter how much preparation we did for his coming, no matter how many adoption books we read or how much training we did, life is different, life is new, but our new normal is SO much fuller than the one we knew before.  Sure, sometimes it is full of Eli's crazy crying fits, dirty diapers and confusing conversations.  But, other times it is full of 3 children running through our house screaming with joy as they play together; sweet prayer times watching Eli learning how to pray and hearing Trip and Mady pray for him as he listens too; all 3 kids riding bikes together in front of our house (that's right, Eli can already ride a bike),  watching Eli hunt for Easter eggs for the first time, as Trip and Mady make sure he gets plenty; opportunities to be loved on by our dear friends and family taking Trip and Mady out for fun memories, bringing meals or just visiting;  decoding sweet Eli as he tries so hard to learn English and talk to us; the joy of seeing TJ being such an amazing dad to all 3 kids, and most of all our new normal life is full of being a part of sharing God's redeeming love with Eli!  What a blessing!  Because of HIS love, we all have a new life and I am so happy to share that with my 3 crazy kids and goofy husband!

Baseball!

Fun at Kaki and Grandad's

Fun at Kaki and Grandad's

3 silly boys and a princess

Climbing trees in Athens

Are you sure there is candy in here?!

Easter morning, Eli can't seem to find his real smile!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! He makes me smile so much! So glad you guys are settling into the "new" you. I know JUST what you mean! :) :)

    ReplyDelete