We have had two very special days come and go and I am just now getting around to writing about them. I think this busyness might just be a small look into what life will be like once we are home with Eli. December 31, 2013 will go down as a HUGE day in the history of our family. First of all, our sweet Trip got braces! What?! How is that possible? He still has baby teeth. True, but the permanent teeth that have come in have no place to go and so we need to go ahead and make space for them. So, we had step one of phase one on December 31st...braces on his top 4 permanent teeth as well as his two baby eye teeth. There might be more steps to this phase, but we know for sure that these will be off in 8-10 months and then he'll probably need more work when he is older. FUN for Trip!
We arrived a few minutes early to the BIG appointment, so before we headed into the orthodontist's office, I checked my phone to see if I had any new emails. Boy did I ever! Probably my favorite email so far! We had a confirmed appointment for our court date to adopt Eli! This meant we could go ahead and book our travel. But, the best part about the date we received is that it made it possible for Trip and Mady to come with us. They will only be missing school for 8 days, so they will not run the risk of being withdrawn from school for too many absences in a semester. I shared the awesome news with Trip and he could not have been more excited! Mady was too when she came home from her friend's house after the appointment. In fact, I think she has tried to pack her suitcase at least 5 times since I told her they were coming with us! Then, just when I thought things couldn't get better, I got an email from the woman in China that helps us send our children care packages. We sent Eli a birthday party package on his birthday which includes a cake and food for Eli and the other children and the nannies at the orphanage. And, for us, includes more pictures and a video of our sweet boy! What a treat! To know that we are coming to get him so soon and then to see his precious face and hear his adorable voice singing to us in Chinese. Oh my! I cannot get enough of it. Below is my favorite picture from the party. Looks like he really enjoys cake. I cannot wait to see him eat cake in person and get to be the one to wipe off those cute cheeks! Thank you Lord, for days like December 31st that remind me of your provision for us and your plans for our family!
Onto the next special day for us, January 10th. Last Friday was January 10th. Which may not seem like much, but that is exactly one month from the day we will get Eli! In adoption world, it's called Gotcha Day! One month! It seems so far, but yet, it's only 30 days. I was sharing this with my teens that I lead at bible study on Friday. And, as I thought about it, I realized this. That in exactly one month, we will be holding Eli in our arms, and chances are that also in exactly one month, he will be screaming at us in Chinese, or pushing us, or ignoring us, but either way, he will be with us...FOREVER! Screaming, pushing, or hugging, no matter what he will be forever ours! What a blessing! So, let the countdown begin...27 days and counting!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment