Blog pic

Blog pic

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The last time

Yesterday, December 27th, Eli celebrated his birthday at the orphanage for the LAST TIME!  My heart breaks that we could not be there to celebrate with him.  But, I take great comfort knowing that it is his last birthday away from us.  His last birthday in China.  His last birthday without a brother and sister begging to play with his new toys.  His last birthday without a mommy and daddy to kiss him first thing that morning and tell him "We are SO glad you were born!"  I also take comfort knowing that he got to have a birthday party.  Our wonderful agency provides us with a contact in China that will send care packages to our little ones while they wait for us and one of those options is a birthday party for Eli and his friends and caregivers at the orphanage.  We should be getting pictures soon and I am checking my email hourly in search of them.  I am also checking my email hourly or even more frequently than that, hoping for some information on our travel approval and plans.  Again, I take comfort knowing that God's got this and His timing is perfect and we will be there to get Eli and bring him home at just the right time...but it is HARD to wait!!!

Over the next few weeks, Eli will be experiencing a lot of lasts, although he probably has no idea that he is.  I pray that God is preparing his heart for all of the firsts he has coming his way too.  His first time to be loved unconditionally in this world.  His first time to be kissed good night.  His first time to eat a McDonald's happy meal.  His first time to be comforted by his mommy or daddy when he gets a boo boo.  His first time to have a family...mommy, daddy, brother, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and more.  All of whom have been praying for him and can't wait to meet him!  Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment