Welcome to our adoption blog! Our family is growing by two feet! And this time, these two feet are coming from another country. We are all so excited to bring home One More Kuehn and give them a forever family with us!
Blog pic
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Our freedom
So, I sat down on this 4th of July night to fill you all in on our adoption process. But, as I am sitting here listening to the loud bangs of our neighbors trying to shoot of some kind of firework spectacular to make up for the one cancelled today, I am incredibly aware of how amazing our freedom is! Lately, TJ and I have been so bogged down in this process and all the little things that are holding it back. We complain about the crazy amount of paperwork, how many times we've been fingerprinted, how many times we've signed our names. But, really, that is such a blessing. Because we live in this amazing, free, country we have the right to add to our family in this unique way. We have the freedom to create as many children of our own biologically as we like and also the right to adopt as many children as we like. That is really amazing. Many of the sweet children waiting for homes in China, come from a family that has been denied those rights. And, so now, they need a home, a place to be loved, a forever family. I hear these "booms" (as sweet Mady calls them, who, by the way, has been in my room a million times already tonight asking about the noise) and think they sound like gunfire or bombs going off and I think of the thousands of orphans who live in a place where that does happen on a nightly basis, and not as some kind of patriotic celebration. So what if I have to be fingerprinted a million times or fill out the same paperwork over and over again. I will do it all, whatever it takes if that gets me one step (even a tiny step) closer to bringing home "one more Kuehn." So, here we are, our Immigration approval has finally come through and now all of our paperwork is being sent to be authenticated before it is sent to China! I am sure this is not the end of the paperwork, nor will it be the last time our process is held up. But, I am also equally as sure that one future 4th of July (maybe even next year), we will have one other sweet little one, wearing red, white and blue, waving an American flag and watching the "booms!" God Bless America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment